Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This morning I was thinking...

As I sit up this morning, cramming for these blogs, I look back on the knowledge I had at the beginning of this course vesus the knowledge I have now. It really surprises me how much I have learned. To be honest, I thought that I was just going to get through the class and not really learn anything. The opposite occured. I learned about the ending of WWII, with the baby boomers, the jump in the stock market, and the pride that eveyone  had about their country. Then I learned about the Crisis of Confidence. The time when somehow everyone lost their faith in the government... People shifted more towards conservatism. The Watergate, the time when Nixon completely betrayed the trust that people had in the president and the government itself. I find it interesting that our country has had so many ups and downs. I would say that we've made it, but time has not stopped. History is still to be made. We can't see the future and what is going to happen. We can only avoid repeating history.

No comments:

Post a Comment