Sunday, December 4, 2011

The War on Terror

I've always wondered what brought our country into Iraq in the first place. I always thought it was right after 9/11. I thought that Iraq was the reason for 9/11. Now, after learning everything, I find it hard to belive that our invading Iraq was justified. We say that everybody is innocent until proven guilty. Yes, one may be suspected, but it does not make them guilty. It's weird to think that Bush was so convinced that Iraq had WMD's that he was willing to begin a war. This war has lasted over 8 years. The war that was started because of the suspision of WMD's has stayed to build Iraq as a nation. I disagree with the fact that we stayed after we figured out that they don't have WMD's. I mean, I'm all for helping other people, God calls us to do so. However, our economy is in the gutter right now, and were still spending millions on a war that isn't even really a war. Were bulding a nation, and helping their economy when were in extreme debt. I don't understand how we managed to do this. You'd think we'd get tired of borrowing money from China and other nations. I don't even want to know how much money we owe China. Probably over a billion. I don't even know how we will repay that.

No comments:

Post a Comment